Thursday, June 19, 2014

THE CARLYLE AND ME

The Carlyle Hotel is not only where I like to go to drink my Grey Goose dirty martinis straight up with Olives sitting at the Bemelmans bar and get seduced by its unmistakable charm. The Carlyle is something else. The Carlyle is the place for stories to happen, for stories to be heard and for stories to be told.

Besides high spirits The Carlyle gave me a lot of magic, becoming one of my favorite places in the city. There I bumped into Mick Jagger when I was on my way out to enjoy a Nat Sherman between martinis, but I could not get more Satisfaction than when I listened to a genius playing the clarinet in the company of my parents and brothers, or when I got to share unforgettable laughs and anecdotes with Geoffrey Rush and his acting teacher while we were getting almost hypnotized by the melodies the pianist was so generously giving to us, or when I had caviar and champagne very late into the night  with a group of dreamers, or when I got the opportunity to go to live in Hollywood for the first time, or when I had the chef from Rao’s cooking for me and other select guests, the famous penne vodka meatballs, at one of its luxury apartments, or when I walked through the back doors like Marilyn used to do, or when I learned why actors are actors from another fellow, whom I admire tremendously, Tony Roberts, or when my friend Antonio cuts my hair at the private hair salon in the second floor like if I was a movie star already, or when my friend Barry treats me to the finest lunches in the city at its elegant restaurant… And we’re not over yet, the history between The Carlyle and Me has just started. But for now I believe that under The Carlyle ceilings I did enjoy life like there is no tomorrow!!!
Gracias to The Carlyle.

And here I tell you the story of the first time I landed at this special place. Thank you for keep reading and watching!


El Hotel Carlyle no es solo el lugar donde me gusta tomarme mis Grey Goose dirty martinis con aceitunas sentada en el Bemelmans bar y dejarme seducir por su encanto inconfundible. El Carlyle es algo más, el Carlyle es el lugar donde las historias ocurren, donde las historias se escuchan y donde las historias se cuentan.

El Carlyle me ha dado momentos mágicos que nunca olvidaré. En el Carlyle es donde me topé con Mick Jagger cuando entre martinis salí a disfrutar un Nat Sherman, pero no pude tener más Satisfaction que cuando fui a escuchar al genio tocar el clarinete con mis padres y mis hermanos, o cuando me eché unas risas con Geoffrey Rush y su profesor de actuación compartiendo anécdotas maravillosas, a la misma vez que estabamos quedándonos casi hipnotizados por las melodias que el pianista nos estaba regalando o cuando me pegué un festin de caviar y champagne en altas horas de la noche en compañia de soñadores, o cuando conseguí una oportunidad de irme a vivir a Hollywood, o cuando tuve al chef del restaurante italiano mas deseado de Nueva York o del mundo entero (es casi imposible reservar mesa) llamado “Rao’s” cocinando para mi y otros comensales selectos, los famosos penne vodka meatballs, en uno de los lujusos apartamentos del hotel como en el que en su tiempo vivió JFK  o cuando entré con las camaras de television de canal sur por la puerta de servicio como lo solía hacer Marilyn, o cuando escuché la historia de porque los actores somos actores de la mano de un profesional excepcional, Tony Roberts, o cuando mi amigo Antonio me corta el pelo en el salon privado de la segunda planta como si ya fuera una estrella de cine o cuando mi amigo Barry me invita a los almuerzos más refinados en el elegante restaurante del hotel. Bueno y esto no se acaba aqui, espero que cuando vuelva a la ciudad The Carlyle me siga brindando magia como hasta ahora. Gracias Carlyle, creo que bajo tu techo he disfrutado la vida intensamente.

Y en este video os cuento la historia de la primera vez que aterrizé en el gran Hotel Carlyle de Nueva York. Gracias a ustedes por acompañarme en este viaje al corazón de mi New York.
.



No comments:

Post a Comment