Wednesday, June 4, 2014

WHAT AM I DOING?

27 New York Days                                                                                                                                        27 New York Stories

On July 27th 2004 I embarked myself in one of the biggest adventures of my life. I left my world as Dr. Roman in Madrid to come to New York City to pursue my dream of becoming an actress.

I didn’t really know anyone in the city and when I took my first yellow cab at JFK I didn’t even know where I was going to sleep that rainy summer night, I only knew that I did it, that I was in New York City.

It was a real adventure, a journey to the unknown, a gift to my soul and a headache for my parents that thought I was going to have a normal life when I graduated from Medicine School.

My luck was that my dad is a heart surgeon so I knew that if my mother had had a heart attack the evening I announced I was leaving my pink stethoscope for the stage, she would have survived with my dad there, after all, beta blockers in my home are like goldfish in yours.

Well, my family survived and we enjoyed New York together like there is no tomorrow and I become an actress, writer and producer and other things even more important. And now ten years have passed and of course many stories have happened to me in this magic Island, known as Manhattan.  So let’s remember some of them… 

Let’s remember the city that gave me joy and misery, pleasure and pain, success and failure, love and hate, glamour and shit, hope and despair, passion, a lot, but never indifference because that would be the opposite of life and if this city has something special is LIFE, the city is ALIVE every corner you go, you can feel the Energy of millions of hearts walking around you, pumping more than just blood, pumping dreams, ambitions, wishes of a better life…


New York, I adore you,                                                                                                                            New York Gracias                                                                                                                                 New York this is not a Bye, Bye!                                                                                                          But a “See you later alligator”  
   

1 comment:

  1. We met at a party a few years ago. I've so enjoyed seeing all your pictures of you living life to the absolute fullest. I don't know why you would go, but I'm certain that NY was just a stop before taking on the whole world. Bendiciones! C

    ReplyDelete