Sunday, June 8, 2014

BROADWAY (ENGLISH)


I have the amazing privilege of living Broadway and Off Broadway to the fullest. Since I lost my Broadway virginity with the play “A Streetcar Named Desire”, I have seen many of my favorite plays onstage like “Who Is Afraid of Virgina Woolf” with Kathleen Turner and Bill Irwin, “The Seagull” with Dianne West and Alan Cumming, “Hedda Gabler” with Cate Blanchett, “Glengarry Glen Ross” with Alan Alda to name a few… I have been a proud witness of riveting performances from actors that I admire tremendously, like Al Pacino in “The Merchant of Venice”, Meryl Streep and Kevin Kline in “Mother courage and her children”, Geoffrey Rush in “Exit the King” and many more. I even went to the Tony Awards that are happening tonight!  I enjoyed jaw dropping musicals like “Billy Elliot” or “West Side Story” or the one I saw this week "Lady Day". I have had the honor of discovering new plays like "Doubt" or “Venus in Fur”, I have experienced interactive theater like “Sleep no more” and I can mention shows till tomorrow. Thank you Broadway, I have learned a lot by been sitting in the dark but where an actress really learns is by being onstage but that is another story that I will tell you another day!

Thank you for been there! I hope you like the story of the first time I went to a Broadway show. Sorry for the sound, next videos will be better! This is Spanish gorilla style!








No comments:

Post a Comment