Wednesday, June 11, 2014

FRIENDS

Heidegger said that “Language is the house of being” And now I ask myself, what happens when you speak two languages? Do you have two houses?
After ten years of having two houses in my mind, I have to confess that there is nothing like your homeland. Spanish language is my mother tongue. It is the language with which I learned to be a person and that is something that I can’t take away from my soul, despite the fact that I live, dream, think, get angry or love in another language.
That explains why after living many years in the States, most of my friends speak Spanish, though I got married to an American, my gringo, but that is another story that I will tell you another day.
Today I want to tell you that I feel nostalgic not only because I leave the city I adore but because I leave behind a family of friends.  So I wanted to do a tribute to all my friends in New York and especially to my first and my best friend in the city.
From my third day in Manhattan, Antonio Diaz, opened to me not only his Spanish house in Upstate better knows as “El Cortijo”, but his friends, his family, his New York life, in short he gave me his heart and of course I gave him mine. In ten years of FRIENDSHIP, he gave me advice when I was a little chic running lost around the concrete jungle, he has seen me grow personally and professionally, he has taught me, he has reprimanded me, he has guided me, he has loved me… Antonio, I have no words to tell you how important you have been for me these unforgettable years of challenge, dreams, preparation, change, life…
I can’t conceive New York without you. Gracias friend. I love you like the female trout to the male trout.


Heidegger dijo que “El Lenguaje es la casa del ser” y ahora me pregunto yo y que pasa cuando hablas dos lenguajes? Tienes dos casas?
Despues de 10 años teniendo dos casas en mi mente, tengo que confesar que nada como la casa materna, el español es la lengua con la que aprendí a ser persona y es algo que no lo puedo sacar de mi alma por mucho que viva, piense, sueñe, me enfade o ame en otra lengua.
Y eso explica porque despues de vivir tanto tiempo en los Estados Unidos la mayoria de mis amigos en este lado del charco hablan mi propio lenguaje, aunque al final me casara con un Americano, mi gringo, pero esa es otra historia que os la contaré otro día.
Hoy os quiero contar que me siento nostálgica al dejar Nueva York, no solo porque dejo a la ciudad que adoro sino porque también dejo a mi familia de amigos. Y por eso quiero hacer un homenaje a mis amigos en la ciudad y en especial a mi primer y mejor amigo en Nueva York. Desde mi tercer día en la ciudad Antonio Diaz me abrío las puertas de su cortijo, de sus amigos, de su familia, de su vida New Yorkina, en definitiva que me dió su corazón y por supuesto yo le di el mío. Asi hemos estado 10 maravillosos años de AMISTAD. Antonio me ha dado consejos desde que yo era un pollito inocente correteando medio perdido por la jungla de asfalto, me ha visto crecer personalmente y profesionalmente, me ha enseñado, me ha regañado, me ha guiado, me ha querido… Antonio, no tengo palabras para decirte lo importante que has sido para mi en estos 10 maravillosos años de desafio, de cambio, de formación, de sueños, de vida…
No puedo concebir mi Nueva York sin ti, gracias amigo. Te quiero como la trucha al trucho. 




No comments:

Post a Comment