Thursday, June 26, 2014

MY WAY/ MI CAMINO


The way to HB Studio was long and difficult. But it was my way.

All started with the difficult task of telling your dad “Dad I want to be an artist”. And I can tell you that my dad, a very prestigious heart surgeon in Spain, is always or operating, or reading great literature or drinking a very very cold beer. I tried the three scenarios to tell him the exciting and shocking news but only one worked.  

The scenario couldn’t be as dramatic as this:

INT. OPERATING ROOM – AFTERNOON

A patient half asleep lies on a stretcher, there is a surgical drape on top of his chest blocking his view to his insensible limbs, where Dr. Roman Senior and Dr. Roman Junior are operating on. There is a theater nurse standing next to the patient’s feet and an anesthetist sitting on a chair next to the door reading the sport magazine.

Both Doctors Roman, dad and daughter, dressed in green scrubs, totally sterilized from head to toe, are focused on the surgical site. Dr. Roman Senior asks to the nurse for surgical suture “Prolene 3-0 please”, when Dr. Roman Junior says “I am leaving the Medicine for the theater”.

CUT

As you can imagine he didn’t throw me the scalpel because the patience was only anesthetized from the abdomen to the feet! 

The patient survived and he is now my fan, I came to New York to become an actress and my dad, though in the beginning was tough to accept such a dramatic decision, now awaits proud not only to walk with me along the red carpets but to be in one of my movies!

Here I tell you a story that happened to me at HB STUDIO. Hope you enjoy it!!! Thank you for being there!

Y AHORA EN ESPAñOL:

Fue un largo y dificil camino el que tuve que recorrer para llegar a las aulas de la escuela de interpretación de Nueva York, HB Studio.

Todo empieza con la dificil tarea de decírle a tu padre  “Papa quiero ser artista”. Y como mi padre, cirujano cardiovascular de gran prestigio en España, está siempre o operando o leyendo buena literatura o tomándose una cruz campo helada, probé los tres escenarios para desembuchar tal noticia. Solo a la tercera conseguí que me hiciera caso. 

Y como fue ese escenario? Pues de película.

INT. QUIROFANO – TARDE

Hay un paciente semidormido acostado en una camilla. Un trozo de tela encima de su pecho le impide ver sus narcotizadas extremidades, que es donde los doctores Roman, padre e hija, uno a cada lado y vestidos de verde, están operando con maestria, sus delicadas varices. A los pies del paciente esta la instrumentista que si pudiera enseñaría sus uñas de colores con orgullo y sentado en una silla al lado de la puerta aguarda el anestesista leyendo el marca.

Dr. Roman (dad) le pide sutura a la instrumentista “Prolene 3-0”, cuando la Dr. Roman (hija) suelta la bomba “Papa dejo la Medicina por el teatro”,

Corten

Pues asi fue, asi que os podreis imaginar, mi padre no me tiró el bisturí porque el paciente solo estaba dormido de cintura para abajo!

Bueno, el paciente sobrevivió y es ahora mi fan, yo me fuí para Nueva York y mi padre aunque en el principio no le sentara muy bien mi decisión tan inesperada, ahora espera orgulloso a recorrer las alfombras rojas de mi mano y quiere salir en unas de mi películas!

Aqui os cuento una historia que me pasó en HB Studio, espero os guste. Gracias por seguir sentados en el patio de butacas.





  

No comments:

Post a Comment