Monday, December 22, 2014

WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THIS DREAM? / QUE HACES EN ESTE SUEÑO?


When I met the great writer Mario Vargas Llosa at Villa Josephine in Tanger, Morocco the first thing he said to me was “What are you doing in this dream?”
How romantic, how poetic, how beautiful, how unforgettable… And the truth is that the place was a dream indeed but what he was referring to is to the dream of life, because life is a dream… And like every dream, life is unexpected, uncontrollable, full of surprises and magic.

These past two weeks I have been under Damocles sword, it wasn’t easy imagining, thinking... that you might have to leave this dream sooner than you naturally expected to… But  no, no yet… I am so FORTUNATE because I am not leaving, I am staying here, dreaming, living, playing…

Today I want to share with you as well a fun story in a special place and this quote: “We don’t stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.” George Bernard Shaw.

As you can see I am still playing!!!

Carpe Diem and Happy Holidays 



Cuando conocí al gran escritor Mario Vargas Llosa en la Villa Josephine, en Tanger, Marruecos, lo primero que me dijo fue “Que haces en este sueño?”
Que romántico, que poético, que bonito, que inolvidable…  Y la verdad que aunque esa villa era realmente un sueño, a lo que Mario se refería era al sueño de la vida, porque la vida es un sueño… Y como todo sueño es inesperado, incontrollable, lleno de sorpresas y magia.

Estas dos ultimas semanas he estado bajo la espada de Damocles, no ha sido fácil imaginar, pensar que a lo mejor te vas a tenir que ir de este sueño antes de lo que habias pensado… Pero no, no me voy! Soy AFORTUNADA porque me quedo aqui en este sueño, viviendo, soñando, jugando…

Hoy comparto una historia New Yorkina única, con mi sello espontaneo, alocado y jugueton porque como sabiamente dijo George Bernard Shaw “No dejamos de jugar porque nos hacemos mayores, si no que nos hacemos mayores porque dejamos de jugar”.

CARPE DIEM Y FELIZ NAVIDAD 




No comments:

Post a Comment