Wednesday, November 12, 2014

SYNCHRONICITY

I have been always fascinated by how everyday decisions could have a strong impact in our lives, like where do I have coffee this morning? Home, at the regular coffee shop or do I feel adventurous enough to explore a new one? If at a restaurant, in which table do I want to sit or should I just let the careless hostess sit me where she thinks it is the worst table in the house? If in a plane, how neurotic do I feel today? Do I want window or aisle, left or right side of the plane, in the front or in the back? Ahhhhhhhh… There are millions of choices everywhere and each one can bring you a totally different outcome.

New York as you might know is a waterhole of infinite possibilities; so sometimes is better to just let yourself go. The story of today happened because of a heap of circumstances… Like everything in life and why not maybe because of luck… Though I believe every man/woman has to make his/her own luck and I did, I made part of my luck that day by positioning myself in New York and the rest, is just pure coincidence or destiny or… Synchronicity!.

Although what happened didn’t have a strong impact in my life, it’s true that the outcome of this specific heap of circumstances brought to me an opportunity for an adventure… a theatrical one!

Where? : East Village
When? : End of summer 2006, a regular Sunday with hangover.
With whom I was hanging out? : I was with my inseparable friend the gorgeous and sexy Mariana Soares.
And what happened? : I met a great woman that helped me to get my first job as an actress in Broadway, well Off Off Broadway.

Heap of circumstances:

Thank god that I woke up that afternoon alive and with all my body parts after a night of perdition in the city that never sleeps.
Where do we meet? In the east or the west village?
We are starving, where do we go to eat? Turkish, Croatian, Italian, Vietnamese, Ethiopian? No way… Brazilian? Yes!
Do we want a table inside, outside or at the bar? Where there is less noise please.
What do we want to drink? Regular mighty caipiriñas or the special kiwiriña what the f… is that?
And everything that I chose, that we chose, took me to meet the greatest of all the flowers: LA GRAN Flor Minniti!!

Hope you like it!!!
Carpe Diem


En Spanish!!!!!

Siempre me ha fascinado como las decisiones pequeñas del dia a día pueden desencadenar grandes cambios en la vida de un individuo, como donde me tomo el café hoy? En casa, en la cafeteria de siempre o en una nueva? O en que mesa del restaurante me siento hoy o me sientan porque no hay otra libre? Voy a trabajar hoy en metro o en autobus o en taxi porque voy tarde, o cojo el coche o se me va la olla y me voy en patinete? Si cojo el avion quiero ventanilla o pasillo? O si en el cine me siento más cerca o más lejos de la pantalla? Hay millones de opciones y cada una de ellas con un posible destino diferente.

New York es un pozo de infinitas posibilidades, por lo que a veces lo mejor es dejarse llevar… La historia que hoy os cuento en el video ocurrió por un cúmulo de circunstancias…como todo en la vida, por azar… por suerte… Aunque yo creo que uno mismo se busca su suerte, y yo hice mi parte cuando me mudé a Nueva York, de todos los lugares del planeta, elegí ese y el resto es pura coinciencia, destino o porque no? Sincronicidad.

Lo que ocurrió no cambio mi vida ni mucho menos, pero si me trajo alegrias y la oportunidad de vivir una gran aventura… teatral. 

Donde?: en el East Village
Cuando?: al final del verano, un domingo con resaca.
Con quien?: con mi amiga inseparable Mariana Soares.
Y que pasó?: que conocí a una gran persona que me ayudó a conseguir mi primer trabajo como actriz en un teatro de Broadway, bueno de Off Off Broadway (teatro con menos de 100 butacas).

Cúmulo de circunstancias:

Primeramente, conseguimos levantarnos despues de una noche de perdición en la ciudad que nunca duerme.
Donde nos vemos? En el east or west village?
Donde vamos a comer? A un restaurante turco, croata, etiope, vietnamita, japones, brasileño…?
Mesa fuera o dentro o en el bar?
Que bebemos? Caipiriña o kiwiriña?
Y todo lo que ese día elegí, me llevo a LA GRAN Flor Minitti!!

Espero os guste!!!

Carpe Diem









No comments:

Post a Comment